Wednesday, July 4, 2018

What the Hell Just Happened...

Well, I'll tell you what just happened. We just sent our baby boy off to the military. But what I didn't expect to happen was for it to hurt so damn much and blindside me the way that it did.

I use to blog all the time and for a number of years but I wanted to start fresh and with a different perspective. Lots of things have changed over the years. But, before I get into all of that let me introduce myself. My name is Crystal and I just turned 45 last week and the week before that is when we dropped our boy off at the recruiter and said those big words...See ya later.

I honestly didn't think it would hurt as much as it did. Timothy, my hubby, and I had already gone through the same thing with his son (and my bonus child) just 7 years prior and the PRIDE and EXCITEMENT that I felt well, I just knew I would have those same feelings again with our youngest. Oh HELL no I didn't.... I was sucker punched into so many different emotions and feelings that I didn't know how to handle things. I cried and cried when I got home that day and for the days following it as well. For many reasons.

So, that's why I started this blog. To journal and to work through all of those feelings. To help anyone else that needs an ear, shoulder or a supportive word. I haven't graduated to Vlogging on YouTube like so many out there have so I thought I could at least start here and see what happens.

With that being said anyone that comes across this blog, thank you for stopping by. If no one ever stops by then its my own therapy and I've done what I've come over here to do in helping me cope and figure out What the Hell Just Happened....

7 comments:

Donna said...

Thank goodness I finally made it...
Life happened baby...love you...<3
mammy

Crystal Waid said...

I don't like this new Google +!!

Donna said...

me neidder!
hughugs
mammy

Sally said...

I'm so glad you're back, my sweet girl, and can only imagine the emotions you're experiencing. What I do know, where our children are concerned, as much as we love them there are so many ups and down that we try to deal with as mothers. Most of our 'high' days as parents are connected to parenthood. Yet, there are times that we struggle with feelings of being slapped in the face with knowing that we have to put them in God's hands. I hope that by writing, you find some peace and calm, and know that we love you, always and forever.

xoxo

Connie said...

I can only imagine your pain. I went through the same thing when our daughter went off to live in the city and go to school, but that's not the military. I gave birth to 4 children, and lost two to parental kidnapping, because he could not get custody, and one during heart surgery. Therefore; I think that I put all the love for them into our baby and it was just a blow when she left home.
They say that the best job that a mother can do is to raise her children to be independent. That's exactly what the animal kingdom does and that is the way it is suppose to be. I know that it is hard, but talking about it helps and crying when you need to. That's what a husband's arms are for, so fall into those arms and don't be afraid to let your love show. After all he is your baby.
You will be in my prayers.
By the way, our daughter is your age. She is a registered nurse and has two adorable daughters age 10 and 12. She life hasn't been perfect, but who's is, but she is happy and doing beautifully. We just have to have faith and let God be in charge.
God bless you,
Connie :)

Jeanette said...

Welcome back lady! I've missed you!

Crystal Waid said...

Sally Girl I couldn't have said it any better than how you just did!!!

Connie, I am SO sorry for your losses and will definitely be keeping you in my prayers. I cant even imagine that kind of loss. And I whole heartedly agree with ur independence statement. I've tried s hard with all the kids to do just that. I jut forgot to teach myself, lol!!!

Jeanette, Thank you! cant wit to catch up with you too!!!