Friday, July 6, 2018

No Mail.. But there's Always Tomorrow

Well, no mail today. Boo... It was an early day too out getting things done and in time to get home and check the mail. I've been writing Will everyday so I already had that going out and while Tim and I were out and about I wrote tomorrows letter. I try and write my letters the day before I send them that way if I can't be home to write then I still know that before I leave each morning I have one waiting on the mailman when they get there after lunch. The way its been Tim and I don't get home until after 5. So, there's always tomorrow!

 I've actually had a better "dealing with it" day today. Normally, just the thought of Will brings me to tears. Anything that reminds me of him. Anything that he used to do around the house and so on. Tears, tears and more tears.

 I've actually been reading a book with a very good friend called "Be Safe, Love Mom." Holy hell the first time I read just the description was BEFORE he shipped out and he was still at home but the thought of what was to come had me saving the read for another time. I didn't need him questioning things seeing mom breaking down every other day before he left. The closer June 18 came the more his own nerves shot up. But press on he did. So could I.

Then a few days after he left, Lisa, the good friend I was telling you about, sent me a text saying that she had already purchased the book and she was going to be on this journey with me getting through Will being away at Basic Military Training or simply, BMT. I read the text and it took me another 10 minutes before I could see clearly enough to reply back. The fact that someone wanted to go on this journey with me and help guide and support was amazing. Plus, you have to know Lisa.

 I met Lisa through my ex husband. His mother was married to his step dad and it was a relative of his. We hit it off the moment we met. She was one of the most genuine and compassionate people I'd ever met. We were "family" for a good 10 years and even worked together for a while which was a real treat. She never said a bad word about anyone and ALWAYS had a smile and a good word for all. But, life happened and we drifted.

 Then SOCIAL MEDIA came about and we reconnected and it was like we had never had time away. Our love of ANYTHING books and reading had us always texting each other about the latest book series we were on because normally it was the same series, lol! Long story short we haven't lost reconnection in over 10 years and she's been a breath of fresh air even when I don't even know that I need it. So, having her on this journey has been amazing. She's already finished the book and I'm right there behind her with two more chapters.

 The book itself is about a Military mom of FOUR military kids in EACH branch of the armed forces. PLUS, her and her husband AND her parents are all military too! Whew! So yes, this book has brought a LOT of incite into how us new military whatever you are...mom, wife, husband, brother, sister, whatever..to get through the rough times and suggestions given on how to fill voids. How to keep your own emotional "Tank" full while worrying and stressing over your military loved one when they are both gone and home. Because as its always been told and true...Life doesn't stop just because of our situations. We change and adapt the best we can with what we have and who's along for the ride.

So... No mail today. OK, but there's always tomorrow.

4 comments:

Sally said...

I'm so glad you have your friend Lisa. That must be a lot of comfort to you. Life sure can be Rocky sometimes, but as they say we have to roll with the punches. I sure hope you got a letter tomorrow. And, I know WIll is always happy to get your letters to him.

I have a lifelong friend who was a nurse and her husband a police officer. They have three sons who all joined the Armed Forces. They're retired now, the parents I mean. Sending you love and hugs this evening.

Donna (Texas) said...

Can’t wait to see what his next letter is like...and I’m also very indebted to Lisa. That’s a good buddy you got there!
Hang tight, you’ll be seeing him soon...♥️πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ’™
Mammy

Crystal Waid said...

Sally girl, YES! I did get a letter Saturday! I was so stinking happy too. It seriously IS Christmas in July this year, lol!!!! LOve you lady!!

Mammy, Lisa is damn good peeps! U'd love her! And she LOVES to read, lol!

Jeanette said...

How awesome that you have such a great friend! It will be a huge help to you through the next few years!